Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Braleigh and I just returned home after spending the weekend with my family in Ferron.   It was wonderful to be with everyone but I'm glad to be back home. So many things just get thrown off balance while we are traveling, for example, naps.   The four days we were gone she napped good on Friday and then for like 40 minutes in the car on the way home.   Some kids are just fine without naps, but not ours.  She is so grumpy and moody if she doesn't get sleep, well can you blame her?   

But besides our schedule being a little out of whack, we had a wonderful Easter holiday!   Thursday we spend the day playing with cousins and loving on my sisters new baby, who, by-the-way is a doll!  Friday night we went to dinner and a movie with Aunt Dani, Aunt Meg, Grandpa and cousins--We saw "The Croods"  which was super cute!   Saturday Braleigh got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Brown most of the day while Meg and I went to the movies again--- I know, two nights in a row might seem much, but we had to go see "The Host" which was amazing as well!   Sunday we went to Church with my parents and came home.   And all the moments in between were mostly spent outside swinging--Grandpa was a good sport.    Tomorrow, although it isn't Easter, we are doing our Easter Egg hunt, so Braleigh and I colored eggs tonight.  We are doing it tomorrow because Brad had to work this whole weekend, including today, so we decided it was better to do it as a family on Monday.   

Actually I think from now on we will stick with Saturday or Monday tradition instead of Sunday, mainly because I think Sunday we should focus on what Easter is truly about, the sacrifice our Heavenly Father and Savior made for each and every one of us.   That we are able to repent for our sins and wrongs, that we can be with our Heavenly Father again, as well as with our families.  I always understood this but it wasn't until until February of last year when we lost my nephew, that it brought about a whole new meaning. There isn't a time I don't think about him or miss him (along with everyone else who loved him), but for me knowing that I'll get to see him again makes it just a little easier to get on with my day and wipe away my tears.   We all have loved ones who have moved on and that we miss so much.  There are many who I miss but for me the people I miss most is my nephew and my grandma. I know I'll get to see them again, and it was because our Heavenly Father let his son, and our brother, hang and die on the cross and then be resurrected 3 days after.   I hope that I can teach my family that Easter is more than a day of fun or presents, but it is a day of remembrance and gratitude.  

I feel extremely blessed that Heavenly Father has given me so much, including the trials he has bestowed on me and my family.   I can never know why I, or others, are chosen to endure the hardships or trials we are given, but I do know He will only give us something we can handle, and if we choose to follow in his light we will overcome anything.   

No comments:

Post a Comment