Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eleven In Heaven
















Today I wake in quite a huff
Over some loud construction stuff.
Hoping that my girl will not wake wake,
Couldn't they be quiet, for goodness sake.

Then remember,

Today you would have been eleven.
Today you celebrate in Heaven.
I forgot for one simple minute
That in our world, you aren't in it.
I feel guilt beyond belief
I can never feel relief.
I know I should, but it doesn't seem right
To continue on each day in this life.
It doesn't really seem fair,
That you're up there, we're down here.

Then I remember,

You're in the best place you could be
In that home that is so heavenly.
In  place surrounded by those we love
Who have already passed on up above.
Most of all you have the Son and Father
Who care for you more than any other.
So I will not sit, cry and whimper
About the things I should have remembered.
I'll will rejoice and feel joy
For you were a very special boy.

Today I woke in quite a huff
Over some really silly stuff,
Today I'll not forget you'd be eleven.
I'll remember, I'll see you in Heaven.
Our very special boy, Devin.







1 comment:

  1. I don't claim to be a poet or writer of any sort. But when I'm emotional writing poems or composing music is about the only thing that gives me therapy. I miss this boy so much. He was my nephew and so much more. He brought a ray of sunshine in to everyone's life he touched.

    ReplyDelete