Confessions of a wife and mother. Somethings maybe serious, humorous, and others maybe appalling. This is me, and this my life!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Braleigh Lloyal Bentley
Our sweet bundle of joy finally decided to come yesterday. It started on Saturday September 4th at about 1 pm when I started having some contractions. After they started to progressively get more intense and closer together we decided to head to the hospital at about 3 p.m just to be on the safe side. We arrived at UVRMC just about 4:30 PM, we were then checked into "labor & delivey" and a nurse checked me and I was still about 90% effaced & dialted to a 1, the same numbers we've had for the past 3 weeks but they kept us at the hospital to montior us and see if anything changed or progressed. After about 4 hours, nothing had changed, so then we were left with no choice other than to book a hotel here in Provo or go home...after grabbing some dinner, we just decided to head back to Helper. We got back home about 10:30 and I was able to sleep for what seemed like a couple hours, but soon thereafter the morphine they gave me seemed to have worn off and I started having contractions again, but they were much worse than before. It was about 3 a.m when I had enough and we headed back up to Provo to the hospital. Our nurse check me again and said that my contractions apparently had been doing some good because I was almost all the way effaced and almost 3 c.m. dialated! It seemed like I couldn't get my epidural fast enough, even though it was probably less than 30 minutes waiting to get the go ahead. After I was given that amazing stuff everything seemed like a blur. I was able to sleep FINALLY, and probably slept most of the remaining 10 hours or so. The actual labor/pushing lasted for about 2 hours and just around 3:35 our Braleigh was born! Our excitement didn't last long because she started having trouble breathing. I got to hold her for what seemed like only seconds before they wisked her off to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. Apparently she has respitory problems due to some type of infection which we aren't sure what it is because her lab results haven't came back. The doctor has high hopes for her and that she'll recover nicely, but we still have to wait 7-10 days until we can take her home because they have to administer the antibiotics through an IV. Its still hard to believe that I'm a mom even though I have been one for 24 hours. I can't want to finally get to hold her in my arms and take her home.
