Yesterday we went up Ferron Mountain to visit with some of Brad's family for a few hours. On our way home we had a very frightening experience. Just a short couple miles past Wrigley's Reservoir, our tire flew off our truck. (We had just had a local shop replace all four tires 6 days prior, and we had only driven the truck maybe 100 or so miles on the new tires) We were in complete shock and not to mention scared of all the things that "could have happened". But now as I sit here and feel my baby move in my tummy, my fears and anger has calmed and I can't help but look at all the bright sides of this incident.

Firstly we are not hurt and alive!!!!! We were on a flat dirt road up the mountain, with plenty of land on both sides of the road, and we were not traveling at a high speed. This could have happened anywhere, on the dug way, on a turn, on the highway, all places that could have caused a serious accident. Next, out of all the places we could have broken down, we ended up in a place with pretty decent cell service! We were able to call for help and call the tire shop that did the work on the truck. We also had many friends and family close by that could make sure we were not hurt and could help us out. Brad's Grandpa and cousins were back at camp only a few miles away, my dad and brother-in-law Patrick only had to make the short trip from Ferron, and Brad's dad and friend Don only had to drive from Huntington. Lastly I am lucky that it was Brad who was driving and not me. I don't think I would have known what to do if this happened and I was alone anything could have happened but it didn't.
Brad and I are truely blessed. Heavenly Father is watching out for us every day and he doesn't want anything bad to happen to us. I know that this experience I need to take away something good, and that is to be thankful for everything you have because it can be taken away at any minute. We shouldn't take things for granted, and I know that lately it seems that we have a little. I think all of these trials we are going through are for a reason and so we don't lose sight of what is really important in life, which is each other and our family. I am thankful that I know the truth of the gospel and I can know that this was not sure luck or a coincidence. It is because of the love and kindness that our Heavenly Father wants to give to each one of his children.
I'm counting my many blessings..... Are you?