We started dating at the young age of seventeen (or at least I was seventeen) and we were seniors in high school. I knew right away that there was something different about Brad that I really liked and he wasn’t at all like the other boys I dated. It wasn’t long after our first kiss that I knew that Brad would be the one I was meant to spend my life and eternity with.
Christmas Eve 2004, Brad proposed to me in the most romantic way. We started off our evening with dinner at Red Lobster (one of my favorite places). Then we drove to the Salt Lake Temple where we walked around temple square in the beautiful glow of the Christmas lights that draped over every inch of the temple grounds. After we walked around, the plan was to go on a carriage ride around downtown Salt Lake. I was starting to get cold, and I kept telling him it was fine and that we didn’t have to do it, but Brad kept insisting that we just wait a little longer and it was going to be fun and worth it. I sort of knew something was going on because he was acting a little strange and secretive, but I just blew it off. When we finally got on the carriage, he pulled out a beautiful ring and asked me to spend the rest of eternity with him! It was a day I’ll never forget and will always remember how excited I was. I had a perma-grin for months to come!!!
I know that many people doubted us and were not 100% supportive of our decision to get married, but when the day finally came we pushed all the doubts away and focused on just the two of us. We were married in the Bountiful temple on July 15, 2005. It was super hot, but I didn’t care because I was marrying the man I loved. Nothing, not even my uncooperative hair, could ruin this day for me. I can’t speak for Brad, but I know the day we were married was perfect in my eyes.
Brad and I had a conversation about how things have changed over the years since we’ve been together. It was definitely a struggle at first and we fought a lot, but I wouldn’t trade any of our struggles or trials because they helped us grow closer together and discover how much we truly loved each other. Each difficult time was always followed by a blessing in our marriage.
Now that we leave these first 5 years behind us, we look forward to a whole new life and way of living. We will be welcoming our first addition to our family in August and I know she will only add value, fun, and good to our marriage and family.
Bradley…. I love you! I can’t wait to see what the future lays ahead for us. Here’s to the many more years we have together!
Here are just a few pictures of us

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)



