Confession: I don't like driving at night.
Truth is I'm especially afraid of hitting a deer. I actually like deer. I would just rather see deer from my 4 wheeler, or in my dinner or on my wall, rather than a hood ornament for my car. Why is it that deer decide the best time for them to cross the busy road is in the middle of the night? It's like they are attracted to your headlights, just like bugs are attracted to your zapper on the porch. So they jump out in front of your car, and despite the sound of you laying on your horn and the brightness of the headlights, the deer just stands there mesmerized. Its like they are thinking "These two lights are getting bigger and brighter, a coming at me fast. What is that noise? These lights are just so amazing I must keep staring at them, although I have a feeling maybe I should jump out of the way, but I get a happy feeling when I look at the lights, but that sound makes me want to run.... hmmm what should I do..... so pretty........" WHACK! then they are road kill and your white car just got a new red paint job with patches of fur. Out of all the mysteries of this world.... I will never understand why deer go all kamikaze and jump in front of your car.
MOVING ON..............................
Confession: Not much unlike my first confession, but I'm a little afraid of the dark.
Truth is bad things always happen in the dark.
To make me feel better about my fear I've made a list about it.
- Boogie Man- Now I'm talking about the REAL boogie man, like the creeper who lives down the street, who is probably high, and going to break into your house and steal your stuff or murder you in your sleep. Okay I might not have a creeper on my block, but YOU NEVER KNOW, and it happens to people all the time!
- Monsters in the Closet/ under the bed- Okay so I may not be a 3 year old who is scared that a big furry monster is going jump out and scare me. But I am worried about those little furry ones that have the long tails (mice) and spreading diseases around my house in my sleep. Or the creepy-crawly bugs that somehow find their way into your warm house, and sometimes into your bed at night. Which reminds me of the spiders you probably eat in your sleep. Yeah......I think it is legit to worry about the monsters.
- Ghosts/Spirits- Yes I'm a believer in them! Especially after an episode of Ghost Whispers and then you suddenly feel like someone is watching you, or you hear steps behind you. I've never seen a ghost or a spirit but I know that I've had them in my house. They like play on me, I guess 'cause I'm easy prey, like slamming the cupboard or knocking on my bedroom door. It is NOT my imagination..... I don't think.
- Sounds- Anyone else hear things at night that freaks them out? It's usually nothing but what if it was? The occasional thump on the wall, thud on the floor, scrape of the window. Usually there is an explanation but its dark, and usually you can't see what made the noise, which will cause your mind to think of all the things it could be (see the above).
Please forgive me if these are silly and random, but it's 1:30 a.m.but I just got home from almost hitting a deer and I'm scared of the dark. What else would you expect from someone with severe PWS. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment