So I have to share this story because it is sort of comical. I love my dogs, really I do, but there are times when I am not sure what I am going to do with them....well especially Moto.
So today, Dani was over visiting and we were sitting at the table in the dining room. Moto came running in the house into the front room. Not really that unusual and I didn't think much of it. I then heard him what thought was licking the floor and I peeked my head over to tell him to stop. He then jumped upon the couch and started scratching the cushion. I yelled at him to stop but he continued. So I walk in the front room and he had his head between the cushion and the armrest. Like so many times before, I thought he just dropped his bone down there and couldn't get it. I figured I would just help him out so he would go back to being good. I lift up the cushion and I saw something peach colored on the couch, I thought maybe it was a piece of food or something. I reached out and poked it only to discover it was a DEAD BABY BIRD! I shrieked in horror and ran in the dining room! Dani asked what it was, and all I could say was a dead bird. She is thinking it was a big feathery one. I told her there is no way with my pregnant gag reflexes that I could take care of it, she said she would. So I get her some rubber gloves, a bandana for her face, and the dust pan. She scooped it up and ran it outside to the garbage can. If I was home alone I think I would have ran outside and left the thing on the couch until Brad got back to take care of it. lol Dani couldn't stop laughing at me!!! She said it was so funny the way I acted, and now that I look back it was pretty funny. This only reminded me of the time we took Moto camping and he came back from “hunting” with a gofer in his mouth! He was so proud of himself when he dropped it at my feet. I think he was thinking the same thing with this bird. He is my great “Hunter”