Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yesterday I took Braleigh in for her 2 month checkup.  I was AMAZED how much she has grown.   She now weighs 11 lbs 8 oz and is in the 61% for her weight.   She measures 24 1/4 inches and is in the 93% for height!!!   So she is a tall skinny girl.  Her doctor said that it is likely that she will grow up to be around 5' 9".  Her check up went well besides at the end when she had to get her shots!   I wanted to cry with her.  It seriously broke my heart to watch her go through that.

Now to my thankful list. Today is Veteran's day and there are many things I am thankful for.
  • First off I'm Thankful for our Veterans who have served, who currently serve and those who have gave their lives for our country!   
  • Second, Speaking of our country, I am thankful to live in the United States and beable to enjoy the freedoms that our Veterans work so hard to protect.   I know that sometimes I take for granted the freedoms we enjoy every day and there are many people in this world that are not as fortunate.
  • I am also thankful for my freedom of religion.  I am so glad that I am able to decide what I want to believe and where I choose to worship.  I know that everyday my family and I are blessed by our Heavenly Father!
  • Fourth I am thankful for my family. I am so blessed to have a loving husband and a beautiful baby.   I am equally as blessed to have such great parents who raised me and my sisters in a loving and caring home.  My sisters are amazing friends and I'm blessed to have them in my life and to have a close relationship with them all. 
  • Last I am thankful for chocolate milk!   It may seem like a small unimportant thing, but it's a comforting thing in my life and lifts my spirits whenever I feel down.
Although I am thankful for many things, I have a hard time putting down five, so this will be a great challenge for me the next couple weeks.  Hopefully it will broaden my perspective and help me realize how much I am fortunate to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment