Confessions of a wife and mother. Somethings maybe serious, humorous, and others maybe appalling. This is me, and this my life!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Are we DONE yet?
I know its been a while since my last update. As of today, we technically have 9 more days until our "due" date.... I honestly do not think we will make it that long! Tuesday at our doctor appointment, Dr. Gourley checked me and I was dialated to 1 cm and 80% effaced. Not exactly excited that I was only 1 cm! I've been having on and off contractions since then, and I thought yesterday might have been the big day.... I started having small contractions around 3 a.m. in the morning but they were really inconsistant. This lasted for a few hours. I finally laid back down on the couch and fell asleep. Then around noon I started having more painful contractions, they seemed to be pretty regular but I wasn't timing them, so I decided to start watching the clock and they were 10-15 minutes appart, and then they started going backwards and getting further appart. I laid down a couple hours later and fell asleep. So I decided that apparently I wasn't going in to true labor because I could fall asleep both times. Although, I won't lie... I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't "real" labor. It's hard because I have I no idea what its going to be like or what to expect when it actually does happen. It doesn't matter what people tell me because I just keep wondering if the pain or discomfort I'm feeling is the same thing or not. All I know right now is I am so READY for our little girl to get here. I am nervous now because Brad is back to work today and so that means I'll have to meet him if I do decide its time to go to the hospital. But even as nervous as I am, I still wish that I could be holding her right now. I did get some exciting news yesterday, my sister Ashley is going to be induced today, so I will have a new little nephew sometime soon!!! I keep thinking that it would be fun if our babys delivered on the same day, but I'm feeling pretty good right now, so probably wont happen. DARN! Anyways, I'm not sure when my next post will be, but until then keep your fingers cross that I'll deliver soon!!!!!!