Monday, August 30, 2010

Maybe there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel....

So today was our doctor appointment, and guess what???   NOTHING!    That's right.  Absolutely no change from our last appointment.   I'm not going to lie, I was really really disapointed.   I was hoping that we would have been far enough along that we could be induced.    My doctor said we could be induced now if we wanted, he would do it, but there would be a higher chance that we would end up having a c-section (which I do not want).  The problem is that the medicine they give you to induce you just helps the thinning of your cervix (sorry for those of you who don't care to read about this...) and not the dialation.  I need to dialate more because I'm only at 1 cm, but I am 80 % effaced.... so there would be a good chance that the induction medicine wouldn't do much except give me some contractions, but not help much with the dialation and I would have to have a c-section.      So, my doctors advice was to wait it out 1 more week and see if she comes on her own.  I trust that my doctor knows what he's talking about, I mean he has been doing this for a while.     So unless our little bundle of joy decides to come this week, we will be induced on September 7th.     I was fairly upset after our appointment because I felt like things are just not working out like they are supposed to, but when we got home I took a nice long nap and when I woke up I felt so much better.   I feel better because now as I see it, there is an end.  We will have a baby by next week, unless she gets here sooner.   Yes I would love it if she decides to come here before the 7th, but if she doesn't thats okay because I know that by next week I will finally get to hold her!   I just want a healthy happy baby!   So wish us luck, and wishing she might come before the 7th won't hurt either *wink*